We are the company behind the popular open-source, high performance columnar OLAP database management system for real-time analytics. ClickHouse works100-1000x faster than traditional approaches. By offering a true column-based DBMS, it allows for systems to generate reports from petabytes of raw data with sub-second latencies. With an amazing community already adopting our open-source technology, we are now embracing our journey in delivering Cloud first solutions to delight our customers.
With top adopters such as Uber, Cisco, and eBay - not only do our products work at lightning speed, so do we.
We are an open and collaborative company. Our colleagues are curious, engaged and excited about what they do. If you want to work in an environment where you can learn, grow, be an agent of change and have your voice heard - then please read on!
The Core Engineering team is responsible for working on the beloved ClickHouse open-source project while working cross-functionally across teams as we develop our Cloud service offering. Our team is looking for an exceptional senior software quality engineer for our core team to improve the efficiency and quality of both our open-source and cloud offering. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure ClickHouse Cloud operates smoothly worldwide at a massive scale. The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a very strong background of technical skills and release engineering.
What will you do?
- Evaluate the new functionality of ClickHouse, and identify opportunities in the existing codebase for improvement.
- Implement testing strategies and automation for large and complex distributed systems.
- Build and enhance test automation framework and develop automated test cases.
- Testing cross-functional implementations across internal teams at ClickHouse.
- Engineer and improve existing testing infrastructure.
- You have previous programming experience and you are able to read C++ and Python.
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance methodologies used throughout the SDLC and are well versed in the application of industry standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with Git and Linux (Python and Shell scripting experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with both manual testing and automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, including with remote teams.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and across engineering teams.
- You are a strong problem solver and have solid production debugging skills.
- Previous experience as a DBA or managing clusters
This role offers cash compensation and a stock options grant. For roles based in the United States, you can find above our typical starting salary ranges for this role, depending on your specific location.
The positioning of offers within a certain range depends on various factors, including: candidate experience, qualifications, skills, business requirements and geographical location.
If you have any questions or comments about compensation as a candidate, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.Perks
- Flexible work environment - ClickHouse is a distributed company offering remote-first work to all employees
- Healthcare - Employer contributions towards your healthcare.
- Equity in the company - Every new team member who joins our company receives stock options.
- Time off - Flexible time off in the US, generous entitlement in all countries.
- A $500 Home office setup if you’re a remote employee.
- Employee-driven international mobility- we enable you to relocate internationally if you wish (within certain countries and timelines and subject to role requirements, time zones and work permit considerations)
Culture - We All Shape It
As part of our first 200 employees, you will be instrumental in shaping our culture.
We look for candidates who are:
- Motivated by doing great work as part of a team :)
- Open to learning from others and sharing with others
- Team Players: helpful, resourceful, responsive
- Respectful and see feedback as an opportunity to grow
Are you interested in finding out more about our culture? We are a one year old company therefore we are excited to be building it together at the moment. Our first 200 employees are the culture shapers of our future. Check out our blog posts or follow us on LinkedIn to find out more about what’s important to us, and to find out if you’d like to come and contribute to building our culture with us!