It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Over five years post-launch, we have more than 16,000 companies using our platform, raised more than $100M of venture capital from leading VC firms like Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint, FirstMark, and Salesforce Ventures. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam is the first and largest Ecosystem-Led Growth platform, used by over 16,000 companies to create, close, and grow sales deals using their partner ecosystem. We act as an escrow service for data, allowing companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners, while keeping the rest of their data private and secure. This has created an entirely new way of doing business called “Ecosystem-Led Growth” or ELG.
That’s where you come in. We’re seeking a Brand Designer who can help elevate Crossbeam and its brands in an increasingly competitive space. You would be asked to update our brand guidelines, design digital (and the occasional physical) assets, socialize them internally, and act as the guardian of the Crossbeam brand. Your north star is ensuring Crossbeam remains current, vibrant, and – above all else – interesting.
While this role is on the marketing team and reports to the VP of Content, you will be in regular contact with our product design team to ensure a smooth user journey from outside the app to app user.
- Creating brand assets such as illustrations, web page layouts, graphs, decks, backgrounds, print collateral, and more. Video experience is a definite bonus.
- Ensuring that Crossbeam’s visual identity is consistent throughout all customer-facing and internal materials in line with our brand parameters — and when called for, updating those brand parameters.
- Empowering and educating the Crossbeam team to use materials without having to request custom or bespoke assets.
- Being a stakeholder for new and existing projects, mitigating risks as well as finding opportunities to elevate the Crossbeam brand.
- Prioritizing properly branded assets relative to their impact on the business and our audience and communicating thoughtfully when something may need to be deprioritized.
These are some of your traits:
- You can’t help but notice the same-ness plaguing many modern SaaS brands, and are eager to put your stand on something different.
- You poked around Crossbeam.com and already have strong opinions on how to push our brand forward.
- You are confident leading a website redesign, whether that’s a one-off page or a full overhaul of its UI/UX and hierarchy.
- You think deeply about where brand design and product design interact and support one another.
- You’re able to context-switch between collaborative tasks, ideation, and design work.
- You are proficient in some combination of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite. Bonus points if you don’t mind getting your hands dirty in Notion, Asana, WordPress, or Webflow.
- You love a good creative ideation session.
- You’re not afraid to productively share when you feel something isn’t aligned with our brand.
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
We go through the same interview steps for all candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process. Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a team member at Crossbeam. Topics will range from technical skills to problem-solving approaches and collaboration:
- Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 45-minute call with VP of Content
- 45-minute call with CMO
- “Portfolio Review” to understand your previous work with
- Sr. Director of Product Marketing
- Director of Product Design
- VP of Content
This is a salaried* role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
- Learning & Development Budget
- Remote Work Options
- Generous Wellness Stipend
*This role has been categorized as a Remote position. "Remote" employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to Crossbeam. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role. In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $90,000- 110,000 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where differences are valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.