Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
About the Role: Extend is seeking a Quality and Training Specialist who will play a key role in ensuring that our Internal and Outsourced Customer Care Agents receive comprehensive training to operate efficiently and accurately, while providing exceptional customer service. In this position, you will be accountable to establish and develop our quality and training materials and processes with a strong emphasis on enhancing Customer Experience. Extend supports over 1,000 Merchants, and as our network continues to grow, we are constantly evolving our Customer Care support processes requiring ongoing training and refreshers for our Agents.
- Ability to create and revise training curriculum, develop refresher training, and other materials to improve agent and operational performance
- Deep knowledge of learning management systems, instructional design, e-learning platforms, and traditional and modern training methods. Committed to continually learn and assess new techniques and tools
- Train on company policies, department procedures, and soft skills training relevant to audience and purpose
- Lead and train confidently in all training environments (live and digital), presentations, and as otherwise required
- Maintain version control for all training materials, knowledge base articles, and job aids. Maintain change management registers to document revisions, effective dates, requestor, and approval by leadership
- Through collaboration with key stakeholders, develop a cadence to verify the accuracy and relevance of training curriculum, knowledge base, and job aids. Ensure all approved changes are maintained with the goal to constantly improve our training materials
- Identify skill gaps by conducting training needs assessments, analyzing performance data, and collaborating with department managers and other leaders
- Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance processes, technology enablement, and Customer Experience. Define and create new best in class processes and materials to recommend for implementation
- Establish and enforce quality standards, policies, and procedures across the Customer Care organization. Ensure adherence to applicable regulations, processes, industry best practices, and Merchant/Customer requirements
- Perform weekly quality audits to assess compliance to processes, identify areas of excellence and opportunities for improvement. Document audit findings and communicate to applicable stakeholders. Use these findings to determine how to improve our training materials and any required up training
- Analyze quality data, customer interactions, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to identify trends. Use root cause analysis to identify the underlying reasons causing these trends. Generate reports and presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to Extend Management and Outsourced Leadership
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to establish and maintain a strong quality management system
- Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization and with our Outsourced partners.
- Must possess a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience; preferably in Contact Center
- Superb communication (both written and oral) and listening skills. Comfortable interacting with leadership throughout Extend and our Partners
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with Agents and others
- Ability to deliver coaching and feedback in positive ways to encourage Agent growth and development
- Data driven with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible with the ability to comfortably react to frequent changes in processes and priorities
- Ability to manage multiple assignments. Ability to work independently as well as in cross functional groups
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, detail oriented, and reliable
- Ability to operate tools such as projectors/computers, sharing software (Google, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc) and media (Sound, Videos, etc)
- Microsoft Office and Google Doc proficiency required (Documents, Spreadsheets, and Presentations)
Estimated Pay Range: $60,000 per year salaried*
*The target base salary range for this position is listed above. Individual salaries are determined based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, work location and job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.