Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role:
Join Headway as a Sr. Enterprise Content Marketing Manager and play a pivotal role in expanding our ability to communicate effectively with health insurance companies and other key enterprise clients. In this innovative position, you will use your creative talents to craft compelling narratives about Headway's influence on health plans, utilizing various mediums. Your responsibilities include developing in-depth case studies that highlight our impact, creating insightful white papers that demonstrate our leadership in the market, and designing top-tier presentations, audience personas, and distribution plans. Excellence in organization is crucial.
This individual must be a visionary – someone who wants to bring to life a B2B business to measurably impact sales goals. The right candidate is a concise, detail-obsessed writer, and a “healthcare nerd” who is hungry to advance mental health care strategy and influence how health plans decisions. They know how to take complex concepts and make it digestible, while still being specific and differentiated. This person doesn’t just produce great deliverables, but they must also be excellent at creating strategies - and measuring the results of their work.
- Champion a deep understanding of mental health care strategy and Headway’s leadership in the sector
- Develop robust content strategies that measurably influence Headway’s sales cycle to health plans, and relationship management with current customers
- Write compelling white papers, case studies, and other collateral for a health plan exec audience
- Take charge on Headway’s enterprise narrative, building decks, talking points and more that equip the business development team with the right resources for them to be successful
- Own Headway’s content distribution plans and execution
- Manage Headway’s enterprise content library, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure business development and customer success colleagues have the necessary resources to pursue sales with health plans
- Inform content strategy for Headway’s Strategic Advisory Council
- Work with the research team to build a consistent cadence of proprietary research Headway can publish on
- Support with Headway participation on panels and other external engagements
You’d be a great fit if...
- You have 5 -7 years of enterprise content marketing experience, ideally achieving measurable impact for a B2B healthcare audience (health plan audiences are a plus!)
- You are known to be the best writer around - taking concept concepts and distilling it into digestible content, not losing details
- You’re not just great at editing, but on coming up with the 0 to 1 content - across all forms
- You love decks just as much as you love docs
- Are self-taught with new concepts and industries; love to read healthcare research to better understand the ecosystem
- You have attention to detail and can manage complex processes with precision
- You are able to coordinate large, disparate amounts of moving pieces and distill them into a clear, concise attack plan
- You are a self-starter and highly operational, with strong project management skills
- You thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments, and love getting in at the ground-level to build 0 to 1 (bonus if you have experience doing this first-hand at a growth stage start-up)
- You are very eager to improve access to mental health care at scale in the US
- You’re gritty, results-oriented, and self-driven
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $150,000
- Group B: $135,000
- Group C: $120,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco.Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.