MaintainX is the world-leading mobile-first workflow management platform for industrial and frontline workers. We are building the GitHub for real world workflows such as maintenance, safety and operations and improving operational efficiency for 2,000+ businesses including Univar, Quikrete, ABInBev, Duracell, Marriott and McDonald's.We've raised $54 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Bessemer Ventures, August Capital, Amity Ventures, Ridge Ventures as well as the founders of UiPath and Thumbtack.We’re looking for a Technical Writer to help build our documentation practice.
As the second writer hired, you’ll play a key role in shaping how we work. You’ll develop content for a brand new docs site, and have meaningful input into everything from styles and standards, to tools and processes.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain user guides, integration guides, API references, in-product UX copy, blog posts, release notes, and other technical content.
- Contribute to styles, standards, workflows, and processes for technical documentation.
- Contribute to tooling and pipeline initiatives.
- Understand MaintainX's products, market, and customers.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Design to plan and deliver docs.
- Build relationships with internal partners: QA, DevOps, Product Marketing, Customer Success, and others.
- 3-5+ years writing technical docs, or docs-adjacent content. SaaS experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a docs-like-code environment: writing in markdown, working out of git repos, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining style guides.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment using issue tracking software (e.g., Jira).
- Excellent communication skills. You can explain technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to prioritize, and balance new feature docs, backlog, and documentation debt.
Bonus if you have:
- UX writing: you’ve worked on tooltip, error messages, or other in-product user assistance.
- Localization: you’re familiar with localization tools and processes.
- Web development experience.
- Experience writing in a regulated industry.
- Spoken French or Spanish is a plus.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity opportunities.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage.
- Remote and hybrid work-friendly
- Take what you need PTO.
- A Work Culture where:
- You’ll work alongside folks across the globe that reflect the MaintainX values, Smart Humble Optimist
- We believe in meritocracy, where ideas and effort are publicly celebrated
Our mission is to make the life of blue-collar workers easier worldwide by creating software that meets their needs and realities. Our product is truly life-changing for 80% of the workforce that doesn’t work behind a desk and needs enterprise-grade software at their fingertips.
MaintainX is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.