We’re here to make money work for everyone and we're doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We're focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people's lives through Monzo.
About our QA Team:We are very proud of having a lean QA team that is just as versatile as our product. We currently have 5 QA engineers embedded in cross-functional teams that deliver fully functional mobile features. We’re looking for our first web QA engineer to join us.
We have a diverse background and we care more about your skills and experience than your formal qualifications (although it’s also awesome if you have those too).
In Operations we have a mission to deliver effortless experience to our customers so they get the response and support they need. Where this cannot be resolved by customers themselves through our app, the wonderful Customer Operations agents (COps) are there to help.
We're looking for an experienced Web Quality Assurance Engineer to build and roll out a QA strategy for our customer servicing tooling.
We have built our own in-house system (BizOps) to process operational work within Monzo. Some of the problems we will be solving are:
- Reduce costs and handling time by removing unnecessary steps from task processing through self-serve flows and workflows.
- Data foundations that drive insights for continuous improvement, experimentation and automation.
- Work towards a well-defined understanding of what good service looks like and a platform tailored towards delivering it.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping cross-functional teams ship high quality, beautiful, business critical tooling. You understand the need for tested, resilient code balanced against the need to move fast and iterate.You should apply if:
- You're naturally curious and involved in testing at every stage of your product's lifecycle. From the initial ideas to collaborating with engineers and designers, you ensure quality throughout the product's journey, not just after it's built.
- You’re skilled at distinguishing tasks suited for automation versus human testing. Your expertise spans both areas, and you’re capable of developing high-performing, scalable automated testing solutions when required.
- You can independently navigate through our systems and identify bugs, potential loopholes.
- You lead by understanding the wider business context to make appropriate trade off.
- You are responsible to set the QA strategy, communicate it in the teams and get buy in. You will also be responsible for building the testing culture within the operations collective.
- You have the experience to be spread across multiple cross functional teams and know how to be impactful..
- You have a background in a team that ships quickly, safely and frequently.
- You are comfortable writing code and working with testing frameworks like Cypress or Playwright.
Our interview process involves 4 main stages:
- Recruiter Call
- Initial call with Hiring Manager or other QAs
- Take home task
- Loop Stage (2 hours) The Loop stage consists of 2 x 60 min interviews that take place over 1-2 days (depending on your availability):
QA Interview: You'll meet 2 other QA engineers. Together we'll go over some of the Quality challenges we've faced as a company. We'll ask you to come up with designs to solve these problems.
Behavioural interview: This is an example based interview with 2 Monzonauts. This interview focuses on your core behaviours touching on your experience in delivery, team work, coaching/mentoring and persuasion.
Our average process takes around 3-4 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in it for you:
💰 £65,000 - £80,000 salary range ➕ plus stock options & benefits
✈️ We can help you relocate to the UK
✅ We can sponsor visas
📍This role can be based in our London office, but we're open to distributed working within the UK (with ad hoc meetings in London).
⏰ We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in our blog, 2022 Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022 Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.