Pex is a digital rights technology company, enabling the fair and transparent use of copyrighted content at the speed and scale of the Internet.
We serve everyone who uses the Internet to view, share or create content – from the largest platforms and rightsholders, to independent creators. Our advanced licensing infrastructure allows platforms to manage and license content before it's published, empowering creators to upload freely while respecting copyright. In return, rightsholders are able to monitor and capitalize on the content they own.
Unlike other copyright technology companies, our real-time marketplace brings people and platforms together to support the full content ecosystem and all of its constituents. We are building towards a world in which creators can freely mix and remix content, a world in which rights are respected and rightsholders are correctly identified and properly compensated, and a world in which platforms are able to innovate while bringing everyone together without fear of litigation.
As we build groundbreaking products with global scale, we're looking for highly-motivated and curious individuals to join us on our mission to support the creator economy with fair and transparent licensing.
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is a fully remote, cross-functional, and autonomous team made up of talented engineers from various backgrounds and skill levels. At Pex, we value transparency and clear communication, and we strive to create an environment where all team members feel safe and supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from mistakes, and share opinions freely.
In this role, you will:
• Enjoy collaboration with development teams
• Deal with problems of a massive scale
• Focus on automation
• Strive to eliminate toil while avoiding making things too complicated
• Lead in building, managing, and monitoring cloud infrastructure
• Seek opportunities to test and introduce new technologies
• Modernize and optimize CI Pipelines
• Embody the DevOps mindset and culture
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Experience building scalable infrastructure
• Intimate knowledge of one of the major cloud services
• Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, Flux (GitOps), and infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Bicep, Ansible, or Terraform
• Experience with technical leadership of projects that require close cooperation with other teams
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• A curious and collaborative mindset who takes ownership of new and challenging problems and sees them through to completion either by themselves or through building and leading a group of people
• Not afraid to ask questions or for help, when needed
• Share information, gladly
Extra points if:
• You are interested in or have experience with message queuing systems like PubSub, SQS, or Apache Pulsar
• You have experience with time series databases (like Influx DB, Prometheus or Victoria Metrics)
• Go, C++, Python
• Postgres, Citus, Foundation DB, Scylla (Cassandra), Elastic, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Victoria Metrics
• CI/CD pipeline backed by Jenkins and Flux
• Kubernetes, Docker
Perks and Benefits
• Salary: $90,000 - $97,000 USD per annum
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays + the day off on your birthday
• Generous paid parental leave
• A fully remote working environment and supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Since Pex is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, we strive to ensure that people with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know when applying for a particular role in the “Additional Information” section.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!
+18579 More Jobs Available!
Sign up now to unlock all job opportunities.
Uncover Hidden Jobs
Browse openings not posted on other job boards.
Be the First To Know
Receive daily job alerts with fresh job openings.
Keep Track of Your Job Hunt
Save to favorites and track jobs you've already applied to.