You're the no. 1 priority hire🏅! The product sells itself (75%+ conversion upon trial, 2 days in a row on HN frontpage, ProductHunt Product of the day), clients spend in the 6 figures yearly and we have millions in the bank to fix the bottleneck: getting demos! This means you’ll get
- Unlimited budget to accelerate yourself with tools and contractors
- Headcount to scale successful experiments (1-2 people ASAP for each new channel)
- Unlimited support from all teams and mentorship from veterans from successes like Figma
It's a great opportunity for former or aspiring founders with a technical background.
Here’s a bit about GitStart before diving into the role:
Our mission is to give everyone a chance to change their life with code, no matter where they’re from. We let promising engineers get real-world experience by working on our client apps, which allows our clients to turn more of their ideas into reality. And it’s working:
- Our alumni got into Amazon, Facebook, and Google, and star developers include Afghan women who lost their right to learn and work with the Taliban.
- Our clients have built entire apps and tackled daunting tech debt with help from GitStart alone.
More the storyhere.
Backed by the world’s best
We are supported by the best investors in our field, Neo, YC, Bonfire VC, and the world’s best engineering leaders:
- Microsoft CTO Kevin Scott
- Google VP Parisa Tabriz
- Code.org CEO Hadi Partovi
- Instagram VP Maria Zhang
- Director of Google Bard Jack Krawczyk
- Circle CTO Li Fan
- Airbnb founder Nate Blecharczyk
- Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
- Quora CEO Adam D’Angelo
- Andela founder Iyinola Aboyeji
- Gigster founder Debo Olaosebikan
- Replit CEO Amjad Masad
- Former Facebook CTO Mike Schroepfer
- And more
Join an amazing team Team includes:
🔥 >50% former founders, many of mission driven organizations like mPharma (Africa’s best health tech startup, 1k people $100m raised) and CodePhenix (Europe’s largest coding bootcamp for inmates)
🧑🔬 Patents holders
🧠 A national math olympiad winner and former Typescript team member
🌍 ~16 nationalities for ~20 people
🤫 And more: a published poet, a sailing world champion, a cricket team coach, two musicians drawing hundreds for concerts, etc.
Also, the number one thing newcomers notice is that people are truly kind 😇. More on this when we meet!
For this role specifically, you'll mostly be work with:
- Corentin, Revenue - turned around a business as Chief Growth Officer, led special projects as 9th hire atDoctrine.com (acquired), background in high level sports (more here)
- Damien, Sales - 4y in sales as US General Manager, Head of Sales, and GTM advisor - went from scratch to closing logos like IBM and J&J, 4y in strategy consulting
- Andreea, Product - 5y experience in leading product from seed to unicorn, 2y as a software engineer and 7y as a marketer at one of the world’s top marketing agencies! (more here)
- Hamza, Client Engineering - early Typescript team member at Microsoft, 4y as staff engineer @ YC backed startups, Pakistan Maths Olympiad winner
- Craft experiments that convert across multiple channels (we started finding traction with emailing, tech newsletters, and want to test new channels) - define targeting, write copy when applicable, and scale the winners
- Analyze data to understand what’s working and what’s not - from writing SQL (we log absolutely everything imaginable) to reading through customer interactions
- Build a team to accelerate and complement yourself
In summary, this is a growth marketing kind of growth role.
- Years of experience- You have years of experience in growth and love experimenting across the growth marketing stack, starting with channels mentioned above
- Deep understanding of eng leaders- You could easily adapt thisdeveloper marketing guide for CTO, VP Eng, and Dir. Eng because you have a deep empathy for engineering leaders, ideally because you’re technical and worked with them before.
- Remote ready- we only meet physically 4 times a year: this role is for you if you value deep work and freedom. It’s great if you want to be with your family! Note that one of the founder always flies to new-joiners to make onboarding easier.
- IC- You love shiping stuff. This is not a “Strategy” position, we have a culture of everyone being in the trenches doing individual contributor work.
Finally, you’re excited to create your team in a small startup, meaning you’ll have a disproportionately high impact on the company and its mission of accelerating engineers worldwide.
What we offer Non-standard stuff
⚖️ 10 years options exercise windows — most startups employees never exercise their hard-earned equity options because the standard clause forces them to buy it within 3 months of departure. We care so much about equity that on top of giving offers way above market, we switched to a new legal documents software solely because the old one didn’t support changing the default “3 months” to “10 years”.
🛂 We’ll sponsor your visa — to wherever you want. We already support a long list of countries. If your dream country isn’t on the list, we’ll go the extra mile to make it happen.
👋 “We got your back” budget — If you need daycare for your kids, new headphones, or a taxi ride, we got your back. Even if it doesn’t fall into a predefined “perk and benefit” category.
🌱 Growing you plan — we’ll help you build your growth plan and support you with all our resources. We’ll intro you to people from Neo, YC, and our own networks, support you with budget to hire coaches and join communities, etc.
🌎 We are a fully remote company — We hire the best people in the world without restriction. Work wherever and in whichever timezone you want, and travel around the world to meet the team during quarterly onsites (pictures here).
📈 Equity for everyone
🌏 Quarterly onsites (last ones: Greece, Turkey, Thailand)
🏝 Unlimited Paid Time Off
💰 Contributions to a retirement savings plan
🐣 Parental leave
🍽. Meals with fellow GitStarters
🧑🏻💻 Remote work budget
📞 Something missing? Tell us
Also, we're flexible about the title. Founding Growth Engineer, Founding Growth Marketer, Founding Growth Lead, Growth Founder, etc. Whichever you prefer!
Finally, we offer competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make a significant contribution to changing the lives of millions of engineers across the world.
Hackweek based recruiting
We are weird about hiring. We’re skeptical of resumes and we don’t trust interviews (we’re happy to talk though!). Since nothing beats working together, we love inviting people for a hackweek (or hackweekend) - come hack on a problem with us and see if you like it!
It’s compensated, of course. And fast: we typically extend offers within 3 working days, starting from the end of the hackweek.
Not sure whether this is for you? Read this candidate's feedback!
See, I've been in the industry for quite a long time. And I had lots of interviews and interviewers throughout my career. Some were good, while some sucked big time; as usual. HOWEVER, and I'm not even exaggerating when I say this - interview experience with GitStart was not even ONE OF the best, but absolutely THE BEST I ever had in my 15 years career. Every person that I spoke to in the process was EXTREMELY charismatic, really eager to learn about myself and, what's more, it was absolutely obvious that they LOVED GitStart. I have NEVER EVER EVER seen anything even remotely like this. So how was the process? Amazing! I actually enjoyed it and was looking forward to more of it :D
Please leave your detailshere if you're curious about the role!
We'll try as hard as we can to keep things personal and share feedback to make it worth your time.
Thank you! 🙏
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!
+18156 More Jobs Available!
Sign up now to unlock all job opportunities.
Browse openings not posted on other job boards.
Receive daily job alerts with fresh job openings.
Save to favorites and track jobs you've already applied to.