Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
What you'll be doing
This role will be broken up into four key deliverable pillars; investigation, build & test, running & monitoring, as well as backstage customer needs analysis.
You'll contribute to the following specific outputs;
- Researching and documenting how a feature or customer requirement can be built within the constraints of Backstages plugin ecosystem
- Designing plugins and features to meet customer needs
- Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
- Defining infrastructure requirement to run Backstage (and plugins) as both a monolith and collection of micrsofted
- Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests
- Creating automated build and deployment plans
- Contributing to running our own Backstage and plugins along side our Platform engineers
- Defining and documenting observability metrics that help SysOps teams run Backstage and our plugins.
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour and to investigate support queries
- Contributing back into the Backstage codebase.
- Helping our professional services teams with customer backstage needs.
- Building plugins for 3rd party SaaS offerings and integrating Backstage with them.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in Typescript, React and Redux
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills and an ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Interest in helping and encouraging colleagues
- Good understand of containerisation
- Experience working with CI/CD, Kubernetes (Helm) and building systems using AWS services would be a bonus
- Remote (UK)
Please let Adaptavist know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!