Senior Software Engineer
About the Role
Our learning product, Big Think+, is disrupting the traditional market of bland and generic training content taught by no-name moderators. Big Think+ provides a highly-curated library of expert-led, L&D-designed lessons that enable transformation and drive culture by focusing on developing mindsets and behaviors instead of skills.
What You’ll Do
- Own the Big Think+ platform –Form the core of a new team focused on building the Big Think+ platform. Work with the CTO to develop and realize the product roadmap, select technologies, and drive the platform forward.
- Develop and maintain the documentation and test suite –Make both the application documentation and its test suite first class citizens.
- Mentor the team –As a senior engineer, mentor current and future engineers of varying skill levels and backgrounds, helping them to grow professionally in what might be their first role.
- Collaborate across the business –Work with the Big Think+ content and sales teams, among others, to understand internal and external customer needs and to design and implement the features to meet those needs.
- Monitor, analyze, and improve the stack –Analyze the performance and security characteristics of the full application stack to ensure the platform stays available, performant, and secure for our large and growing business customer base.
What You’ll Need
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- 4-7 years of experience working with web-based applications as a software engineer
- Strong, recent experience with the modern Rails stack
- Knowledge of and skill with one or more of PostgreSQL, Heroku (or other PaaS), full-stack development, multi-tenant architectures, web application performance, secure software development, learning management systems, and enterprise IT integration
What You’ll Get Out Of this Opportunity
- Form the core of a new team, with significant influence and autonomy to shape its growth as well as your own role
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Work from home – we’ve been remote-first from inception
Do you meet most, but not all of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to apply if you think you'd be a great match!
Please let Big Think know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!