Institutional Operations Analyst
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Institutional Operations Analyst / Sr Analyst, you will help with the development and ongoing support of the Coinbase Derivatives platform. Our main goal is to ensure Coinbase’s futures and options markets are operating fairly and without interruption. At the intersection of finance and technology, you will have a strong understanding of the derivatives market and how our exchange operates. We are looking for a team member with a passion for financial markets to help build a trusted, reliable marketplace for all.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Provide functional and technical support for all electronic trading, clearing systems, and applications.
- Field customer inquiries relating but not limited to exchange functionality, market events, business technology, product schedules, and connectivity.
- Supply front line support for internal and external investigations related to the operations of our exchange.
- Coordinate with product and development teams to launch new products and implement updates to our platform.
- Assist with onboarding and ongoing support of clients and vendors.
- Work cross functionally with different teams, such as client services, product design, development, etc.
- Strategize areas of improvement that align with business objectives and growth.
- EMEA trading hours shift coverage.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Economics, Finance or a technical field with documented industry experience
- 1+ or 4+ years of experience working with financial markets or in a technical operations role
- Exchange operations and product knowledge of listed futures and/or options with experience in error trade analysis and resolution.
- Desire to stay up to date with current market events and industry trends
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and an ability to articulate difficult and complex problems and solutions to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to learn, document, and improve operational processes as we build out our platform
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills; not limited to questioning, call control, professionalism, and multitasking
- Experience with different channels of support, including voice, e-mail and/or chat.
- Adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth, fast paced, remote first organization
- Working product and operational knowledge of listed futures or options with a responsive approach to work
Nice To Haves
- Basic understanding of network and FIX protocol.
- Familiarity with databases and data storage.
- Prior customer support experience in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with CRM tools such as Salesforce, Hubspot and/or JIRA is preferred.
Please let Coinbase know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!