Senior Backend Software Development Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion.
Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 90,000 businesses and 850,000+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
As a growing team, we need innovative and passionateSenior Fullstack/Backend Software Development Engineersto join the squad who will:
- Develop new product lines with new critical features, using our techstack which includes Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, React Native within an AWS Cloud environment using EC2 and Kubernetes
- Provide your input into our technical strategy with your squad, including participate in sprint planning
- Develop code for the frontend, mobile and backends enviornments as an end-to-end fullstack developer,
- Ensure both your colleagues and yourself are producing high quality code through testing and code reviews
- Share your knowledge with your squad and mentor junior developers
- Learn and collaborate with highly respected Senior Fullstack Developers, in a high performing and supportive squad
- Show your passion for working in highly complex and technically challenging development
- Enhance legacy features for our award-winning HR tech platform
To be a success in this role you'll have:
- Experience in Fullstack Software Development, Server-side and API Development (GraphQL), particularly with Ruby on Rails
- High-level Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining and deploying full-stack web technologies
- Experience in translating design wireframes into functioning UI components
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Strong understanding of standard Software Engineering processes, Testing, and Agile methodology
- A team player that always puts colleagues ahead of yourself and has a highly adaptable and versatile approach to work
- You are passionate about learning and sharing your knowledge, and not afraid to challenge your peers, but also welcome being challenged
- We have a number of positions open which would suit many skills and experiences, including being open to candidates who are willing to learn our technical stack
Nice to have skills/experiences (but not required to be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science of Software Engineering or an equivalent
- Experience in developing highly modular mobile applications and mobile application performance tuning
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience in functional programming
- Experience with AWS tooling and environments, EC2, Kubernetes etc
We also have a great range of perks:
- This is a fully remote position for anyone within Vietnam, we provide your laptop and other equipment to get you set up, plus an allowance for other items to get your desk ready
- We have flexible working time - as most of our developers are based in Vietnam you’ll be working local business hours, Monday to Friday
- Fully compliant with the Vietnam Labor Code, with Social Security based on full salary
- 20 days vacation leave, plus 1 Leisure Rules day a year
- Private healthcare package for you (plus spouse + children)
- Paid Parental Leave subject to eligibility
- Budgets towards continuing your learning and other generous allowances
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Why join Employment Hero?
Oh, and we don’t want to toot our own horn (actually yes, we do), but others think we’re pretty cool too – we’ve received many awards for smashing some seriously ambitious goals including:
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Please let Employment Hero know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!