Senior Software Development Engineer (Backend Security, Ruby on Rails)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion.
Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 90,000 businesses and 850,000+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take aRemote Firstapproach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About the Software Development Engineer Job:
As our Software Development Engineer focused on Security you will sit within our Security and Core Platform team, working closely with Infrastructure, engineering and product teams across the business.
As a core member of our Security Engineering function, this role will see you being a critical part of the team helping to design and develop our infrastructure and its security standards.
This is a hands-on role that requires experience and expertise in managing projects and processes related to the security of our networks, AWS cloud based systems and applications.
To be a success in this role you’ll relish the challenge of working in a business that has scaled rapidly over the last few years, and are ambitious to find elegant and simple solutions to complex security challenges at scale.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our security engineering team who will:
- Develop, implement and maintain security protocols and practices in software applications
- Perform security audits and identify potential vulnerabilities in software products,
- Remedying and patching vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with other developers and engineers to evangelise security in building software
- Have a passion for and demonstrated experience in quality coding, through testing and test automation tools/frameworks
- Learn and collaborate with our highly respected and amazing Full-stack Developers
This position is ideally suited to someone who is passionate about complex backend security challenges and is excited to join a high performing and supportive team as we move into our next period of major growth.
Your experience, skills and qualifications:
- Understanding and experience with AWS Cloud tools and technologies
- Familiarity with security governance frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, and OWASP
- Experience in quality coding practices, including unit testing, automation testing, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in Object Orientated Programming (OOP)
- Fantastic communication - the ability to speak and write in English is essential
- Comfort and willingness to work from your home, working with teams across APAC
Nice to have/bonus:
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or Similar
- Experience working at a SaaS and/or Start-up, due to our fast paced environment
We also have a great range of perks:
- We are remote-first, where you can work from the comfort of your home, and enjoy flexible working time
- Work your local hours! 40 hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Generous vacation leave allowance
- Paid Parental Leave subject to eligibility
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Budgets towards continuing your learning
- International annual company conference (Last conference we went to Phuket, Thailand!)
- Refer friends to open jobs and receive a cash bonus for every successful referral you make
- Participate in our Employee Share Options Program - you’ll be a part owner of Employment Hero
We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Why join Employment Hero?
Oh, and we don’t want to toot our own horn (actually yes, we do), but others think we’re pretty cool too – we’ve received many awards for smashing some seriously ambitious goals including:
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Please let Employment Hero know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!