Ruby on Rails Developer
Looper Insights provide video on demand analytics to the Film and TV industry. We are on a mission to gather data on Every Title, Every Store, Every Day. There are 1000’s of stores globally and some of these have 100,000 titles, so it is a big job. We’re looking for a Ruby Developer for a 12 month fixed-term contract - you will be joining a fast-moving, agile team made up of experienced engineers who take pride in their work.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot complex problems efficiently; we often have to investigate complex issues in a live environment where speed is paramount.
- Possess excellent communications skills and be able to articulate technical issues clearly and accurately to non-technical members of the team
- Be comfortable working across front-end (10-20%) and back-end (80-90%) technology stacks to develop business logic and database layer
- Have the ability to work with cloud technologies and use DevOps tools
- Extensive Ruby on Rails experience
- Extensive testing experience and writing testable code
- Experience in application design / application architecture
- Strong relational database experience (PostgreSQL)
- Commercial experience with AWS
- Object-oriented and structured programming and scripting in Ruby
- Strong product-focused previous project involvement
- Understanding of web design patterns
Why You’ll Love Working at Looper
We’re a genuine group of talented and helpful people. We care deeply about building an excellent team which is inclusive no matter who you are, within a friendly and respectful culture. We’re also ambitious and thrive on challenges that other teams fade from. We’re passionate about our work and love to persevere and solve problems. We love listening to our internal and external clients’ needs so we can amaze them.
We’re a distributed team working from the UK and Europe (GMT +/- 2 hours) and beyond, with a belief in autonomy, responsibility and trust. That means a flexible schedule and the room to get your head down and produce excellent work. If you need to do the school run, or go for a walk to think through an idea – we trust you to do your work however you do it best. Life at Looper is about outcomes.
We are committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws of England and Wales.
Please let Looper Insights know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!