Rotational Merchandising Associate
At Minted, we are passionate about art and science. We are a community-driven marketplace of artists and makers, and utilize data to drive our decision making. To that end, we're inviting creative thinkers who are passionate about art and design, curious about the world of e-commerce, wholesale and retail merchandising, and have strong analytical and quantitative skills to join us as a Rotational Associate in our Merchandising program.
The Minted Merchandising team is responsible for driving sales across our various categories, including art, home decor, wedding, holiday, baby & kids, gifts and marketplace We work closely with design submissions from our talented community of artists and makers, as well as data from our analytics team, to bring forth fresh, balanced assortments to inspire our customers. Those products are then manufactured by Minted and/or offered through the Direct from Artist (DFA) program, a new third-party marketplace of a curated collection of makers who design and craft fine products in the categories of art and home decor, shipping to Minted customers directly from their studios.
In this program you will start on the Direct from Artist/Marketplace merchandising team, and may have the opportunity to rotate through multi-month, high-impact assignments in 1-3 of Minted’s other categories (Gifting, Art, Home Decor, Baby & Kids, Holiday, Wedding, Greeting Cards and more), apprenticing with senior category merchants, driving your businesses and getting exposure to a range of merchandising business models, including e-commerce, wholesale, and direct-from-seller marketplace.
Because merchants are so central to Minted’s value proposition, this is a 12-month rotational contract to give you exposure and experience in Minted’s many categories and business models, with the potential for a full-time offer as an Associate Merchandising Manager with category ownership at the end of the contract period. This is a fantastic opportunity for an early-career professional who wants to learn broadly about merchandising fundamentals that will be applicable throughout their career.
As a Rotational Merchandising Associate, you will be essential support to Minted’s Merchandising team, and will gain exposure to an array of diverse business units. In supporting the Merchandising team, you will also work cross-functionally with virtually all teams at Minted, and will have a chance to work with and present to the C Suite. Graduates of this program have moved on to successful careers in merchandising leadership at Minted, in other related departments such as marketing and e-commerce, as well as career opportunities outside of Minted.
Sample activities & responsibilities:
- Rotate through multi-month, high-impact assignments in 1-3 of Minted’s categories and business models (Marketplace, Gifting, Art, Home Decor, Baby & Kids, Holiday, Wedding, Greeting Cards), apprenticing with each category’s merchant.
- Partner with the category merchant to identify growth opportunities through competitive and customer analysis, including both in-store visits and online research.
- Identify gaps in the assortment within your categories, using a data driven approach.
- Manage assortment breadth, depth and competitiveness to ensure category has the right assortment to meet financial goals.
Assist with the online merchandising of the relevant categories including filters, SKU organization and ranking, and optimizing the overall “shoppability” of assortments.
- Identify shopping experience enhancements to improve conversion of your category on Minted.com
- Complete ad hoc analytical projects, as requested by the category merchant.
In a Direct from Artist marketplace rotation, you might also:
- Identify potential qualified sellers for DFA and marketplace for approval by category merchant.
- Invite and onboard new sellers to the platform via Zoom and email correspondence
- Develop sellers into effective sellers on the DFA platform (give guidance on assortment, price, product content, fulfillment).
- Review and launch new products.
In an ecommerce or wholesale rotation, you might also:
- Assist the category merchant in preparing for and executing the design challenge and assortment process.
- Maintain and enhance merchandise data, including basic product information, filter assignments, search tags, and related products.
- Collaborate with the category merchant in the merchandising of curated landing pages.
- Coordinate with our Production team and/or wholesale partner accounts to ensure an on time and smooth launch of product assortments.
- San Francisco, CA
Please let Minted know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!