Technical Program Manager, Security
NYC, Remote (US)
The Information Security group is looking for a Technical Program Manager, Security to drive deeply technical initiatives across the entire enterprise. You will work closely with all functions within the organization and partner with stakeholders to identify gaps, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and improve our security posture.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Technical Program Manager, Security you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with business development on partnership due diligence and effectively communicate to engineering and product teams for proper planning
- Define and drive OKRs that impact our overall security posture
- Drive cross-functional technical initiatives to improve security or comply with regulatory requirements
- Support customer RFIs, internal and external audits, and ensure compliance with state and federal standards
- Partner with product engineering teams to engage, monitor, and ensure products are engineered with the highest level of security
- Be hands on in our environments and engineering tooling, investigating and monitoring technical controls, ensuring compliance with standards and driving the roadmap when gaps are identified
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- At least 5 years of experience in information security, enterprise technology, or related technical experience
- Deep understanding of the Governance, Risk, and Compliance domain within information security
- Knowledge of AWS, cloud security, data privacy, key management, encryption, and how to apply technical controls to regulatory frameworks (FFIEC, NYDFS, etc.)
- Hands on technical experience with modern tooling such as AWS, Git, HashiCorp Vault, Okta
- Experience in a regulated industry, such as financial services
- Communicating with auditors and potential or current large enterprise customers
You might also have:
- Experience working with both internal and external auditors
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.