Senior Product Manager, Search Matching
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee – whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 – you’ll tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Search team. Etsy has an inventory unusually unique to the e-commerce space and a customer base passionate about high quality products.
As a Senior Product Manager for Search Matching, you will partner with other Search teams to build products that can understand what a buyer is truly looking for by filtering out only the most relevant items from over 110 million listing inventory. You will be accountable for the technology and algorithms critical for spanning the semantic gap between how buyers and sellers think.
Working closely with our other algorithm and experience teams to provide diverse listings, shops, and alternative information in a federated way, you will play a pivotal role in blending groundbreaking information retrieval, economics, relevancy, and diversity research to help our customers succeed in navigating Etsy’s extensive marketplace and deliver wonderful customer experiences. You will closely partner with outstanding talent across engineering, data science, seller communications and marketing as we build an industry leading search experience.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Product, Search and the base salary range will be 149,000 – 193,000 USD per year. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in the United States who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policieshere.
What’s this team like at Etsy?
Search Matching is a senior team dedicated to producing innovative technology at the confluence of current research and customer value. The team is composed of Systems Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Applied Research Scientists, and works closely with design, analytics, and customer research. If working on advanced machine learning products while innovating in the research space is exciting, this is the role for you!
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Lead product management for one of Etsy’s highest performing product teams and build solutions that simplify complicated market problems.
- Define vision and strategy, setting the stage for long term, continued success.
- Work across partner teams to gather input and define priorities leading to product execution.
- Integrate usability studies, quantitative and qualitative research and market analysis into product design.
- Define, build and analyze metrics for the success of products.
- Blend applied research with strong incremental delivery.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that. your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may. change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- Experience developing Search and Machine Learning driven products or technologies is helpful
- Focused drive and proven ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years product management.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, and search intuition with the ability to evolve. product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Experience with e-commerce or two-sided marketplaces.
- Experience with state of the art retrieval systems.
- Experience working in R&D environments.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
For U.S. roles only:
Many Etsy roles are open to remote candidates, and you’ll be able to identify which ones within the location header of each job description. We’re open to remote hires from all U.S. states except Hawaii and Alaska.
Please let Etsy know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!