We are a remote-first, global company. We are hiring internationally.
The internet gave us freedom of information. Crypto gives us economic freedom. Come help us combine these technologies so that every human across the world can achieve freedom and opportunity no matter where they were born.
Through combining our long-term vision for how these technologies will impact society with consistent, pragmatic execution our team of 5 built a platform that has already processed over $70M leading to our $18M fundraise from top investors including Pantera, Two Sigma Ventures, Coinbase Ventures alongside angel investors including Stani Kulechov (founder of Aave), Sandeep Nailwal (cofounder of Polygon) and more.
If you are looking to join a passionate, motivated team and leverage your engineering abilities to develop software that levels the playing field for people across the globe join us at Rift. We’re building a future that re-centers the individual in the internet.
About the Role
Backend engineers are responsible for the design and implementation of foundational components of the Rift protocol stack while also having responsibilities to collaborate with the wider engineering team to improve our overall architecture and code quality.
- Build, maintain and test high performance Web3 REST & WebSocket APIs to power communications in our distributed systems.
- Write performant SDKs and documentations enabling clients to interact with the Web3 APIs
- Detect and improve performance, stability for microservices
- Dockerize and provide microservice deployment guidance for DevOps
- 3-7 years of experience in a backend software engineering role.
- Significant experience with a systems language like Go (preferred), Rust, or C++
- Extensive experience managing the software development life cycle for medium to large projects
- Experience building SDKs, APIs, or otherwise building and maintaining a production system at scale.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or similar cloud providers
- Desire to keep up with modern best practices in software development and crypto, and shape our tech stack as we build out new systems and services
Our benefits include competitive compensation, early stage equity allocations, team outings, wellness stipends, 401k with employer matching (for US employees), unlimited PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance. In addition, you'll join a team of high caliber engineers who are innovating at the frontier of crypto that all work collaboratively to help one another accelerate their growth.
We are a mission driven company. We believe deeply that through software engineering we can build a self-sovereign society. In our day to day, we make decisions based upon our company values of Individual Autonomy, Long-Term Orientation and Open Access.
The future belongs to all of us, independent of our origins. Rift is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We celebrate diversity and inclusion among our team mates and seek to hire talent that will add to our culture.