Viva is a lifestyle coaching app that empowers people worldwide to improve themselves and reach their true potential. Utilizing the latest scientific research and modern techniques, we provide evidence-based strategies for developing sustainable and healthy habits in a fun, engaging way.
We’re seeking a dedicated candidate for a remote, long-term position. As a company, we value great design and code, and pay close attention to detail throughout the product development process. If you’re passionate about writing elegant, well-organized code, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.About the position
As the lead developer, you’ll work closely with the founder while enjoying a high degree of autonomy. You’ll be responsible for executing the overall product roadmap, broken down into manageable milestones for both the backend (built with Ruby on Rails) and the native Android app (built with Kotlin).Responsibilities
As the lead developer, your daily tasks will include:
- Designing and implementing a new backend architecture using Ruby on Rails to support the Android and future iOS apps.
- Developing the native Android app using Kotlin.
- Creating a web-based version in accordance with current UI designs.
- Translating documented designs and features from Notion/Sketch/Github into Rails using ERB/SaaS/Tailwind and into Android.
- Building new features and functionality for both the frontend and backend.
- Integrating external third-party services and APIs, such as OpenAI for content recommendations, text-to-speech and payment methods.
- Assisting in scaling efforts by performing benchmarks and optimizations as needed, and proposing changes to architecture design.
- Strong experience in modern native Android architecture and Kotlin development.
- Experience with JetPack.
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL, including working with large databases, complex queries, and materialized views.
- A formal Engineering or CS background is preferred, but not required. If not, the candidate should be able to explain how they have learned the fundamentals of CS.
- Familiarity with design patterns, Domain-Driven Design (DDD), and algorithms.
- Experience with API design and software modeling.
- A strong sense of aesthetics and product design, with the ability to improve flows and UI designs independently.
- Familiarity with common stack tools and technologies such as Github, CI, Rspec, AWS, CSS/Sass/TailwindCSS.
- Experience with Swift and SwiftUI for future iOS version.
- Experience with Lotti files and applying motion to mobile UI.
- 100% Remote: Work from anywhere, at any time, without the hassle of a daily commute.
- Flexible Schedule: Choose a work schedule that works best for you and your lifestyle.
- Generous Time-Off Policy: Take time off whenever you need it, with unlimited paid time off.