Senior Backend Engineer
- Ruby on Rails / GraphQL / Ethereum stack- Remote or hybrid work (offices in Paris and Zagreb)- Full time or part timeWe are searching for a backend engineer with professional experience using Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, and working in git-based collaboration. Ideally, candidates are also interested in and have basic conceptual understanding of smart contracts and blockchain technology.It is far more important to us that you care about having a maintainable codebase than it is that you have specialized knowledge in any framework— we believe collaborative effort is essential for quality software, which is itself essential to the long-term success of both application and developer.If you are interested in improving your own skill as well as the tech stack you work on, if you feel motivated to work with a small, creative, and focused team, and if you believe the above goals align with your own, then we hope you won’t hesitate to apply for this position today.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Development of new services and APIs in an existing (Rails 7) codebase
- Improving and shaping current and future backend architecture
- Maintaining the current infrastructure & supporting our mobile apps,
- Constantly improving the tech stack and introducing new technologies.
- You will be a part of our creative engineering team consisting of mobile, graphics and web engineers, 3D and tech artists, UX/UI designers, with Apple Design Award-winning experience and experience of working at leading companies in the industry.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
- You have 3+ years professional experience as a backend software developer,
- You are comfortable with git and trunk-based development,
- You understand the how and why of writing maintainable code,
- You are experienced with Ruby (RoR), GraphQL, and Heroku
- You can provide examples of code you have written,
- Comfortable working in remote and async configurations,
- Independent and able to manage your tasks responsibly,
- You are proficient in English at an advanced level.
NICE TO HAVE
- You are interested in blockchain/decentralized technology, including smart contracts, NFTs, and all things metaverse
- AWS familiarity (S3 / Lambda)
WORKING AT TRIBUTE BRAND
Being a small, but fast growing team, creating at the intersection of fashion, art, tech and gaming, we expect the team members to be versatile, open to new technologies and prepared to jump in and learn new things if needed. In return, you’ll be in the position of making a real impact, with a chance for fast track career development.
The team is based in Paris and Zagreb. We are accepting applications from Europe with the possibility to work remotely or from the studio/office space (depending on your location). We started as a fully distributed remote team, and we believe remote is the future of work. Certain positions do require presence in the office from time to time, and that will be specified early on. Also, sometimes we like to organize team gatherings IRL, which we consider important for keeping the team connected and developing overall company culture.
We don't have a huge list of perks in our job ad. Instead, we want you to tell us what you find important and we are open to providing that for you as long as it complies with the overall culture of the company. Everyone is different and we respect that. Our goal is that you feel as an equal member of the team, no matter your background or the role in the company, while being happy and supported both in your professional and personal life.
Finally, market rate salary based on your expertise and location is the standard, we want everyone to be fairly compensated.
Please let Tribute Brand know you found this position on Remotely as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on Remotely!
Is this position not a remote job?Let us know!